Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your First Visit is All About You: Your Comfort, Your Happiness, and Your Health
During your first visit, we will complete a comprehensive examination including:
- A review of your dental and medical history forms
- A review of previous X-rays, and if necessary, new X-rays will be taken to provide an accurate diagnosis. We attempt to minimize radiation exposure and cost by taking X-rays only when absolutely necessary based on individual patient circumstances
- Periodontal charting will be completed to determine if any gum disease exists.
- An examination of your teeth along with a comprehensive oral cancer screening will occur and any necessary intraoral pictures will be taken.
- Please note: Your teeth will not be cleaned at this initial visit. It is important to establish what type of cleaning is necessary, and this can only be done after a comprehensive exam is completed.
After your comprehensive exam is complete, your appropriate cleaning will be scheduled with an experienced dental hygienist. A personalized treatment plan will be completed by one of our doctors and this will be discussed at a separate visit or at the cleaning appointment, depending on the findings of the comprehensive exam.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular Checkups are an Important Part of Maintaining a Healthy Smile!
The American Dental Association recommends a visit to your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings. Some patients require more frequent cleaning intervals based on their unique circumstances.
We understand you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit our office, please remember your appointments can last between 60 and 90 minutes.